Need to cool down your space? As you’re weighing your options, you’ll discover that ductless cooling is a surprisingly viable option for many homes. No matter if you’re introducing cooling to a home without an existing system or are looking for smart, new ways to make your home more efficient, taking a good look at the latest cutting-edge ductless air conditioner systems will help you achieve your goals. Here are some of the main benefits of ductless air conditioning:
1. Adaptable: They Require No Ductwork – The biggest advantage of ductless air conditioning is the most obvious: it doesn’t require installation of complex, costly ducts associated with typical whole-home cooling. This makes permanent space cooling systems possible in homes that were built before ductwork became the norm. It also eliminates many of the energy efficiencies associated with regular ducts.
2. Adjustable: They Offer Room-by-Room Cooling Control – Another massive pro of going ductless is that, so long as you install multi-zone ductless air conditioning with one air handler (the unit mounted to the wall inside your home) installed in each room, you’ll be able to control the temperature of each zone individually. This is ideal for large families or those who want, for example, a cooler temp in the bedroom or office but prefer things a bit warmer in the living room.
3. Efficient: They Help Reduce Energy Usage – Did you know that typical forced air systems can be extremely inefficient? This is because the ductwork may have gaps, tears, and weaknesses that create big heating and cooling losses. According to the United States Department of Energy, those with central air conditioning may consume 30 percent more energy due to duct losses. What’s more, if you’re looking to switch from energy-hogging window units, you can bank on a significantly lower energy bill when temps soar.
4. Quiet: Some Are Quieter Than Rustling Leaves – Some ultra-quiet mini-split ductless systems run at around 19 decibels, which is quieter than the sound of rustling leaves, whispering voices, and babbling brooks. This makes these units especially appealing in places where quiet is needed, such as the bedroom, the nursery, or the home office. For comparison, the quietest window air conditioners hover around 43 decibels on a low setting.
5. Affordable: They’re Often the Cheaper Option – By and large, installing a ductless mini-split system will ring up for less than installing whole-home ductwork from scratch. With window units, though the up-front costs are lower, you’ll wind up paying more in energy costs, maintenance, and replacement over time. Some local utility companies even offer rebates and tax credits to those who switch to high-efficiency ductless air conditioning.
6. Comfortable: They Purify the Air – A big added bonus of ductless systems is that, as they cool and heat your space, they’re also pulling contaminants, allergens, dust, and dirt from the air in your home. This can help make the environment much more comfortable for the allergy sufferers in the family. On top of that, remember that these units effectively pull moisture from the air, which means they can deter the growth of mold, mildew, and Many models also feature a “dry mode” option to dehumidify without cooling.
7. Flexible: Some Come with Heating –Many people don’t realize that when you install a ductless air conditioner, you’re probably adding the option to heat, too. This depends on your configuration and the equipment you choose, but, if you want to add a heating component, it’s extremely easy to do so and won’t necessarily cost you more. This can help you run a more efficient household in the winter by lessening some of the burden on your furnace or boiler.
8. Easy: Low-Maintenance and Simple to Install – Compared with installing extremely costly and complex ductwork, which you’ll need for central air conditioning, ductless AC installation is simpler, quicker, and cheaper overall. While you will need an HVAC professional for installation, maintenance is generally easier and more user-friendly throughout the life of your ductless system.
The Downlow: Don’t Discount Ductless
To recap, ductless air conditioning is a must-consider for the modern homeowner because it’s more affordable, more flexible, and more efficient than installing inefficient central air or energy-hogging window units. ComfortUp is your one-stop shop for high-quality affordable ductless mini-split systems that help you make your home more comfortable and more efficient than ever before.